Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 28 - 1 John 4

May 28 - 1 John 4

"the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world"

Occasionally I have individuals ask me what I think about the devil/Satan. I know that many people think a great deal about the devil and there are many arguments about whether the devil exists or not. My response is something like "I don't". At one time in life, I did worry about the devil, until I came to this passage. I was struck by the idea that the spirit of God within me is greater than any other spirit I could ever encounter. When I grasped that, I decided I would rather focus on the beauty and power of God than worry about the devil. Now I must still stand against evil. Evil in the world, evil in and around my own life. But I don't need to worry about the devil, the power of God's spirit within me is more powerful than any other spirit I encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment