Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday, May 4

Genesis 2:4-7

"In the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,"

This scripture, and Genesis 1:1, tell us the same thing. God created. Dwell on the implications of that for a moment. God created everything that is in existence, everything. The Bible begins with the clear understanding of who is the creator of all that is.

If I believe God did that, why is it so hard to trust God in the midst of the little daily struggles of life? If I believe that God gave me life as a gift, gave his son as a gift to all of humanity, maybe I ought to remember that God wants the best for me. If the God who created the entire universe, and gave his son for me, wants to give me a little direction in life, it might be a good idea to not only listen but obey.


We had a great trip over the weekend. I am home now. Kenda is staying for a couple more days in Ohio with her family. Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it so hard to trust God? God did so many powerful things that no one or no thing could ever do; yet I often take my own path before His.
    While it is sometimes difficult to obey Him, the benefit that comes from doing so is truly amazing. Recent events led me to see that I was on God's path and was exactly where I needed to be at a certain time. Now that I have seen what can come if I obey Him, I hope that it will be easier to do so in the future.
    I have struggled with whether I am where God wants me to be; if I am where He wants me to be-even if it's not where I want to be. I am reminded that God wants the best for me. I will trust that whatever the decision is, if it is His, will bless me with greater things than if I had chosen my own direction.

    ReplyDelete