Monday, February 28, 2011

Psalm 23

I don't think I'll be able to read this passage again without hearing Rick's voice.  He was able to take the words off the page and make it personal to him--"The Lord is MY shepherd."  I read the passage like that this morning, but for me.  Wow!  It makes a lot of difference.  "I will fear no evil; for you are with ME." He is with you, he is with me, he is with every one.  God does not pick and choose who he will guide through darkness, he is there for all of us.  I believe that, if we let him, he will guide us through this time.  I don't think it means everything will be perfect and easy--there will still be some hurt and sadness and a few stumbles.  Letting God take the lead is hard sometimes, we think we know how to fix things or how to make it better, but I don't think we do.  If we let God take the lead, I think he will bring us through this time of darkness, leading us to the light.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Jennifer in believing that if we let God take the lead, He will bring us through this time of darkness as well as others in our lives. My problem is that I don't always ask for or look for that lead. Instead, I sometimes try to make it better by myself. The most recent time that God was given the lead was during the memorial service on Saturday. I have no doubt that God was there and filled us with His spirit. I truly believe that it was God's words that came from Cindy and all others who spoke. I heard so many people say how much more at peace they were after the service. I praise God for His love, spirit and peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healing, slow but steady, began for me Saturday after the memorial. I definitely think God had the lead. I just pray I don't try to take it back.

    ReplyDelete