Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Psalm 16

"Without you, nothing makes sense" (Verse 2 in the Message)

The life of faith gives us a perspective on what happens. The perspective includes the thought that God loves us, God cares for us and God can bring good out of anything that happens in life (Romans 8:28). The perspective knows that there is always more going on than what we can see. So when life is chaotic, when we wonder what could possibly happen next, we have faith that God is with us and will carry us through.

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder how non-believers make it in life. I cannot imagine! I praise God for the reassurance that "In all things..." He does work for good even though many times I may not see that good until months or years later.

    One of the verses that spoke to me particularly was 7: "I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;even at night my heart instructs me." The thought that God is guiding me even when I sleep is a powerful one!

    ReplyDelete