Thursday, February 24, 2011

1 John 2

I read this passage in both the NIV and The Message versions, I really enjoyed The Message--if you have a  moment, I recommend looking at it.

"My dear friends, I'm not writing anything new here.  This is the oldest commandment in the book, and you've known it from day one.  It's always been implicit in the Message you've heard."

In order to know that we know God in the right way we must keep his commandments.  That's not always easy to do--we hear that we should and we know that we should, but it's hard.  John is offering us a reminder of how we are called to live as Christians--something I know I can use.  
Walking in the light is a difficult thing to do.  There are so many distractions and false witnesses.  
We are urged to "stay with what we've heard from the beginning, and let it sink into our lives."  I think one way to do this is, as Debbie mentioned yesterday, fellowship--surrounding ourselves with others who will support us, guide us, and help keep us focused.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping the blog going, I enjoyed keeping up with it, and your comments are very meaningful. The best legacy we can give is to live and walk in the light.

    ReplyDelete