Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6

Matthew 25:31-46

"Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me -- you did it to me." This is verse 40 in the Message translation. I found it thought provoking for I have become so accustomed to the phrase "the least of these". I think it gives it a different feel to consider that the least of these in terms of being "overlooked or ignored". I don't know about you but at times I become so focused on tasks that I completely ignore others. Others seem to be so in touch with the needs of people around them, I am not that way. However, I don't think that excuses my behavior. I believe Jesus expects me to be intentional in how I live.

1 comment:

  1. I have always felt that this is one of the most profound scriptures in the Bible. There is absolutely no doubt as to what we are being told to do - and in the Message it becomes even more meaningful. Years ago I was sponsoring a youth group and we were preparing to visit a nursing home. I read this scripture passage and one of the kids said, "Is that for real?" Is that what we all think? Of course, we know the answer! What a calling that can guide our lives no matter where we are or what we are doing!

    ReplyDelete