Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30

Matthew 21:18-25

The last three months we have heard the expectation that our lives bear fruit. Sometimes we fall short. Like I did yesterday when I forgot to write! (I had to be at a hospital at 5:30 for a surgery and I just forgot.) God has expectations for me, but God is also willing to forgive. What God asks of us is to not fail once and quit. God asks in the face of failure we repent. We acknowledge our failure, and seek to live a new way. God's grace opens the way for this new beginning. We may fail to bear fruit today but that failure is not the final word on our life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for God's amazing grace that allows us to be forgiven - even when we fail time after time! I thank God that "failure is NOT the final word on our life!" What a sad life it would be if that were the case!

    (I'm also glad to know that even Ken can "mess up" - just like the rest of us!)

    ReplyDelete