Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18

Matthew 26: 47-56

"But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?...But all this has taken place that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled."

It is amazing to think about the fact that Jesus went through all of this pain and torture for me and my sin. Jesus did not have to suffer for me-as He said, He could have called on His Father and had twelve legions (72,000) angels at His side. He didn't though. In the midst of being betrayed and arrested, He still had His Father's will at the forefront of His mind.
Jesus is the perfect example to follow of how to wholeheartedly give our life to God and follow His will.
The fact that Jesus willingly suffered for me seizes to amaze me.

-Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I read this scripture, I can't help questioning myself as to when I might betray Jesus - not intentionally as did Judas but just without thought and prayer in my words and actions. It's certainly not something any of us "want" to do but I know that I do betray Him. I have a new verse that I'm clinging to and trying to repeat many times daily, "Create in me a clean heart O God. Renew a right Spirit within me." I praise God for His words with which we can use to honor Him!

    ReplyDelete