Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26

Matthew 27:57-66

A guard is posted over his tomb. The religious leaders remembered his claim about rising after the third day and are afraid the disciples will steal the body. The irony is that the disciples either did not remember what he said or did not believe what he said. How could his enemies remember his teaching but his disciples not remember? How could they not believe? Maybe their fears were so great they overwhelmed every remembrance of Jesus at this moment?

Fear is a very powerful emotion. Fear shapes how we see the world, how we respond to what is taking place around us. Fear can easily replace faith. Look in your life for your greatest fears. Spend time in prayer today asking God to help you have faith in face of your fears.

1 comment:

  1. I think fear and worry must be closely connected. I don't often use the word "afraid" but I certainly do a good job of worrying! I understand that fears and worries result from lack of trust. That's what I know I need to work on most - simply trusting. I keep repeating and clinging to the scripture, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    and He shall direct[a] your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

    ReplyDelete