Friday, March 19, 2010

March 19

Matthew 26:57-68
I must have read this passage before because it was underlined and noted. It is a very powerful passage-Jesus is put before the Council and sentenced to death.
Like the Council, do we ever question Jesus' true existence? The Council was trying Jesus for anything they could think of so that He may be sentenced to death as quickly as possible. They took scripture out of context to use against Him. I have to wonder if I am ever guilty of that- do I twist things to hear what I want to hear? Am I ever like the Council and try to use it against Jesus? I think that is easy to do if I am feeling alone or having a bad day. Throughout all of the false accusations Jesus remained silent. By remaining silent He fulfiled the prophecy stating that His accusers would be responsible for His death. That, to me, is absolutely amazing-any time Jesus fulfills a prophecies I can't help but smile-He did that for me and my sin!


-Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment