Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17

Matthew 26: 36-46

"The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

I can completely relate to that verse and I find comfort in knowing Jesus struggled with this, too, as Ken spoke about on Sunday. Jesus wanted to do whatever was required by His father. He followed God totally and completely. The fact that Jesus struggled with this is proof that following God's path is not easy. He is calling us to take the road less travelled, full of bumps, twists, and turns and forgo the main highway of life.

-Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is comforting to know that even Jesus struggled with doing what He knew to be God's will! Several years ago I heard a sermon about finding God's will. Since that is a lifelong question of mine and many of my Christian friends, the message spoke to me in a profound way. The pastor's comment was that "God is far more willing to tell us (or show us) His will than we are to listen and follow." I wonder if that is true! Is God telling and showing me what to do but am I NOT taking the time to listen - and do??

    ReplyDelete