Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 20

Matthew 26: 69-75

In this passage Peter does exactly what Jesus said he would- he denied Him three times before the rooster crowed. These past few readings have made me really think about if I deny Jesus in my life- maybe not through my words, but through my actions. I think back to school. It's not always 'cool' to be a Christian- was I like Peter? Did I deny knowing Jesus? I think that if we are like Peter for long periods of time we start to believe what we are saying- we start to believe that we don't know Jesus. Once we 'don't know' Him, it becomes easy to lead a life opposite of what He wants for us. I was distant from Jesus-denying Him with my actions. I am so thankful that He gave me a wake up call-like Peter and the rooster-and allowed me to come back to Him. His grace and mercy never seizes to amaze me!

-Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Jenni I love your use of the word SEIZES. I know you meant it as "never CEASES to amaze me" but the way you spelled it is GREAT, because his Grace and Mercy really do SEIZE us. They don't let go. we do, so staying in his Grip is right where I want to be...SEIZED by his Grace and Mercy. Thank you for always sharing!

    ReplyDelete