Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Romans 10:13-21

"No one can have faith without hearing the message about Christ."

Faith comes as we hear about Christ. Remember who first told you about Christ. Maybe a parent, grandparent or friend. For most of us it was someone close. Someone spoke the words about Jesus and his actions for us. Our response was to believe.

As others have passed on the faith to us, we are to pass it on to another. This doesn't mean that we are to force the story on the person, nor does it mean that we warn them they are going to hell. I think it means that we share how faith in Christ has helped shape our lives. It is the other person's decision whether to respond or not. It is our responsibility to share.

1 comment:

  1. I thank God that we have the message through Christ. What a gift that God has given us - the life, body and blood of Christ - that the Israelites did not have!

    I first remember a Sunday School teacher talking about Jesus. Since my father was Catholic and my mother from the Baptist faith, Jesus was not discussed at our house. However, they did drop me off at the Presbyterian church every Sunday morning. I am so grateful they made that effort in spite of their differences in religion!

    ReplyDelete