Friday, January 21, 2011

2 Corinthians 8

Paul is collecting an offering to help the Christians in Jerusalem who are experiencing a famine. The Corinthians have promised to give to this offering. However, the time to take the offering is drawing near and they have done nothing. In chapters 8 & 9 Paul is giving a variety of reasons for them to complete this offering they promised. The ultimate reason he gives them is in verse 9, "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." Jesus gave everything. He is our model, the one we follow.

1 comment:

  1. I praise God for all that He has given us - more than we could ever imagine. I pray that He will guide me in following Him and doing His will as I share all that I have with others who need it more.

    The word "equality" jumped out at me in this passage of Scripture. I truly believe that God has given us so much that there really could be equality in this world!

    ReplyDelete