Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hebrews 10

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day coming."

One of the important aspects of the Christian faith is to be with one another. There have always been people of faith who believe they should go it alone. Yet, the bible knows nothing of that. The bible assumes, or as in this case encourages, people of faith gathering together. We need that encouragement others bring, we need that push from one another to keep moving forward in our faith.

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't until I moved to Grapevine and became involved in our church that I realized the importance on "continually meeting together." The Bible study groups which I attend encourages self-discipline and also accountability. I appreciate the use of the word "persevere" that is used several times in my translation. It takes perseverance to change ourselves - and the world. I pray that God helps me and all of us persevere in the faith!

    ReplyDelete