Monday, June 29, 2009

Psalm 49 & 50

Psalm 49 is telling us to not put all of our faith and dependence on our wealth and other worldly things. We can aquire money while we are here on earth, but after we are gone it is of no use to us. We should put our faith in longer lasting things, such as God, for He will give us much more than money ever would.

Psalm 50 reveals that the most pleasing thing we can do to honor God is to praise Him and be in a relationship with him. He does not want us to bring Him animals, He wants our honor. While this seems like a simple thing to do: pray and give thanks, it is something that I often forget to do. I seem to call on God when I'm in deep trouble and usually offer some sort of bargain (I promise to do this if...). I don't think God wants us to do that, because it is like a sacrifice.

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment