Monday, June 22, 2009

Psalm 37 & 38

As Christians, we are called to do certain things and act in certain ways.  It is easy to look and see what others have and want it, too.  "Do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes."  We must recognize HOW they get what they have though.  Are they doing it with God's glory at the forefront?  Or are they cheating and lying their way to the top?  Tithing is something that I believe God expects of us.  It is hard sometimes though-especially if there is something I want, like a new pair of shoes.  Wouldn't it be easy to just skip tithing this one time.  I constantly have to remind myself what I am living for.  It is for Him, not for me.  Our good deeds will be rewarded in the end.  We have to look past the immediate result and to the future.

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment