Saturday, June 20, 2009

Psalm 35 & 36

These Psalms are asking that we pray for those who persecute us, to call upon God when dealing with the wicked.  God will fight our battles if we call upon Him, we should not try and do so on our own, or else we are giving in to un-Christianlike behavior.  

I find it very hard to pray for those who get on my nerves, or are mean and rude to me.  It is hard for me to offer that to God, because sometimes that response does not come as quickly as I would like it to.  Instead I find myself wanting to say a few choice words and getting an immediate reaction/result.  But what am I really doing?  Going against God's will and relying on myself rather than Him.  Although retaliation is an easy way to 'get back' at people, it is not what we are being called to do.  God wants us to fight for us, but in order for Him to do so, we must first let Him know what our troubles are.

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment