Friday, June 26, 2009

Psalm 45 & 46

Psalm 45 tells the story of a royal marriage, most likely one of the line of David.  This was the blood line chosen to fulfill God's prophecy, therefore weddings were very public.  The psalm mainly focuses on the king, telling how great he is, and explains the divinity of his reign ("scepter of uprightness..."God, has anointed you"  v. 7).  I assume that this marriage will be a blessed one, considering it has been chosen by God.

Psalm 46 has been one of the easiest psalms for me to understand.  We should turn to God in times of trouble, He is "our refuge and strength" (v. 1).  Despite what else may be going on around us, we can rely on God to provide a sense of peace and calm.  The Psalm reminds us of how powerful God is-if He can do all that, then surely He will be able to look after and provide for us.  The line "Be still, and know that I am God" (v. 10) is something I often forget to do.  I get so caught up in trying to figure out what God wants me to do, that I miss it.  Then after not seeing or hearing, I give up and try to figure things out on my own.  It is not often that I really listen, and wait for Him to answer.

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment