Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2 Timothy 4

If you ever thought that the Apostle Paul got along with everyone, the end of this chapter dispels that idea. He names individuals with whom he has had problems. The comfort I find in his statements is that even this great early church leader had relational issues. So it should not come as a surprise when I do. This does not excuse my difficult relationships. The scripture is clear in a variety of places (love your neighbor as yourself, love your enemies) that I am to work diligently in my relationships. I just find it helpful to remember I am not the only who has relational issues.

1 comment:

  1. I am like Ken in having the need to work diligently in my relationships. I sometimes get rather "haughty" in thinking (or occasionally saying) that I can get along with almost everyone - only to get knocked flat by a comment to or about me. Maybe this is good for us to be reminded of our humanity and need to work to show God's love in all that we say and do.

    ReplyDelete