Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 Thessalonians 1

"We're so proud of you, you're so steady and determined in your faith despite all the hard times that have come down on you." (The Message)

Paul praises the Thessalonians for their continued faithfulness in the midst of difficulties. Anyone can have faith when life is easy and good. The challenge is when life is difficult, when questions arise, when we see no way out...will we have faith in those circumstances. The Thessalonians do and Paul praises them.

1 comment:

  1. This passage reminds me of some people I know in our church - the first one being Nancy! To see how strong her faith remains in spite of multiple tragedies is a daily inspiration for me and many others. I praise God for her and so many who live in faith even with physical pain and tragedy in their lives.

    I also pray that I may be filled with God's spirit so that I can have that kind of stregth, hope and faith!

    ReplyDelete