Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6

Romans 10

"After all these years of refusing to really deal with God on his terms, insisting instead on making their own deals, they have nothing to show for it." (The Message)

In this chapter Paul is talking about the Jews and their relationship with God. His concern expressed in the verse is that they have tried to deal with God on their own terms. I think this is a temptation that we fall into also. We try to have our relationship with God be with what we want. We want God to act in a manner that works well with our wishes. In essence, we want God to submit to us. Yet, the basis of Christianity is our willingness to submit to God. To accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. I don't know about you, but I find this to be a daily struggle.

1 comment:

  1. I also find it a daily struggle to submit to God's will instead of trying to do what works well for me! Another verse that particularly spoke to me regarding letting God work In us is: "That's it. You're not "doing" anything; you're simply calling out to God, trusting him to do it for you. That's salvation." I pray that I can have that kind of trust so that God's will is done in my life as I call out to Him!

    ReplyDelete