Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15

1 Corinthians 2

"I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate--I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it -- so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else." (The Message)

I don't put the idea of fear and the Apostle Paul together. I have always thought of him as fearless, as this amazing him who just did what God wanted. I have never considered that he would face fear as I do. It would seem the issue then is not whether I have so much courage as to never have fear, the issue is do have I have the courage to overcome my fear.

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful message in this one chapter - especially reading it in The Message! I'm like Ken in never having thought of Paul of having fears. What reassurance to know that he did!

    Another part of this passage that particularly spoke to me was in verse 13: "God offers a full report on the gifts of life and salvation that he is giving us. We don't have to rely on the world's guesses and opinions." I praise God that we don't have to worry about what others are saying about what we are doing. GOD KNOWS - and that is what is important!

    ReplyDelete