Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16

I Corinthians 3

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?"

Have you ever heard someone say, "You shouldn't do that in the church!" It is usually a parent correcting the behavior of a child. The statement is sign of respecting the church building as a place set apart for God. As a place set apart for God, it requires changed behavior.

Paul teaches in this passage is that it is our bodies that are the temple of God. The church is a place that is set apart for God, but it is within us that the Spirit of God resides. You are the holy temple of God.

1 comment:

  1. This passage makes me more aware of taking better care of my physical body - as well as my spiritual one. To realize that I am God's temple is an awesome responsibility! This passage is an excellent reminder that I constantly need to exercise and provide healthy "food" for my body, mind and spirit. I praise God for all His reminders when I just take time to read and study them and make them a part of my being!

    ReplyDelete