Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2

Romans 7

So is the Law of God good or bad? Does it cause us to be righteous or to be evil? Paul clearly tells us that the Law is not a bad thing, a sinful thing. The Law, however, causes us to recognize what sin really is-it tells us what is right and what is wrong. Paul is saying that sin uses the Law and tricks us into wanting what we are told not to do. The Law tells us to not be envious-well our friend gets a new thing and suddenly we want it. It is not the Law of God that is causing us to want what we are not supposed to want, but rather the sin in the world. Every day is a constant battle against committing sin. It is everywhere, lurking in every corner, waiting for us. We must be in tune with what God wants of us, of the path He has laid for us-I think it is then that we will be able to recognize sin and try to avoid it.

-Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I thank God for His precious Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to guide us in His ways and to lead us away from sin. I wish that happened "automatically" but I believe that it takes lots of effort on our part - in the form of continuous prayer and Bible study. In some of my Bible study groups, we discuss the need for "breath-prayers," short but meaningful prayers that we can utter many times throughout the day. One of mine is "Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me." Another is "Abide in me and me in Thee." These little prayers are a help to keep me focused on His Way and Word - even though I know I have a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete