Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14

1 Corinthians

"called to be holy"

You may not think of yourself as holy. Typically, we think of people who are holy as the extraordinary people. Individuals who do amazing acts of faith. People like Mother Teresa are holy. What scripture teaches is that when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior we are made holy by God. Holiness means that we are set apart for God. As we become Christians we are set apart by God to be the children of God. That is what makes us holy. You are holy in God's eyes whether you see yourself that way or not.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly don't see myself as "holy" but it is reassuring to think that maybe God sees us that way!

    When I read these passages I always find at least one area that speaks directly to me. In this one it is verses 7-9: "Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says.." To think that I have every spiritual gift that I need along with His strength is truly awesome! It must be true as we are reminded that He does keep His promises to us!

    ReplyDelete