Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14

1 Samuel 1

Hannah was desperate for a child. She made a vow to God. The vow that if she had a child she would give the child to the Lord. It is not unusual to a make a vow to God. What we tend to do, however, is forget the vow once God has given us what we want. Can you imagine how difficult it was for Hannah to take her small son to the house of God and leave him there? I wonder over the centuries how many couples have a made a vow similar to Hannah's but forgotten their vow once they had their child?

1 comment:

  1. This passage reminds me of my friend, who desperately wanted a baby, and even named him Shiloh. Although she lost her son, I do believe that she would have given him to the Lord. Her faith remains stronger than ever even through the tragedy of losing her son. She is a constant reminder to me and all those who know her that we should Hold Fast, devote ourselves to God, and make Him first in the lives of our children.

    ReplyDelete