Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday, November 26

I accidentally deleted the list of scriptures that Cindy chose for this week. So, if you have the scriptures for today and tomorrow, please list them in a comment. Until I have them, let me comment on what I did this morning.

Kenda & I left the house at 2:50 AM to go to Kohl's for their Black Friday specials. I have never gone out early like this before. I took my video camera because I thought it would make good sermon material. I was amazed at what an event it was. The number of people that we talked to that had been out all night shopping, how much of a social occasion it was a family members were out on a shopping adventure. I am amazed at the brilliance of retailers that have turned "Black Friday" into a holiday experience. To top it all off, we saved a lot of money!

The spiritual side of all of this is what has happened to our preparation for Christmas. In the midst of such well thought out shopping experiences, can I still prepare my soul for Christmas? Do I allow the rush of everything to keep me from slowing down enough to see the work of God around me? To remember why there is such a celebration at Christmas, I read Matthew 1:18-25 this morning. I invite you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment