Friday, September 10, 2010

Luke 2: 8-20

Shepherds, angels, a manger, in a strange town, the birth of her child....a lot is going on in Mary's life. In the midst of all this the passage says, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." She reflects on her life.

Reflecting on our lives is not in fashion at the moment. Reflecting takes times, there is not instant gratification but it helps us sort through what has meaning and value. It is well worth the time to spend a few moments pondering your life.

1 comment:

  1. Ken, this scripture hit home with me. I have been unemployed for over 5 months and have found my self contemplating the whys of life. Through this financially difficult time however, prayer has freed me to realize my current path in life. God has always been there to help me stay strong but to realize "there maybe other skills" I have I should be using. Thank you for your daily scripture as it was a great way to start the day. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete