Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2 Samuel 9: 1-13

Mephibosheth had everything going against him. He was Saul's grandson. (Saul was the terrible King that had attempted to kill David on numerous occasions. David had ultimately conquered Saul.) He was lame in both feet. He thought he was a dead dog. The one thing he had going for him was he was Jonathan's son. (David and Jonathan had been great friends.)

In honor of his friendship with Jonathan, David restores all that Saul had to Mephibosheth. What an amazing gift in honor of his friend. Yet maybe more than an amazing gift it shows the recognition of the importance of a very good friend. What about your friendships? How valuable are they to you? How have they blessed your life?

1 comment:

  1. In recent years, I realize more and more the value of friends. I don't have a large family and thus it's friends who actually become my "chosen family" - as one of them said. During the last week when my brother died, it was my friends who upheld me in a most remarkable way with prayer and care. I thank God daily for friends.

    ReplyDelete