Monday, November 16, 2009

November 16th

Deuteronomy 6. 'Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise. Bind them as a sign on your hand, fix them as an emblem on your forehead, and write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.'

A few days ago my son, Nathan, was showing me a copy of the 10 commandments--they were learning the commandments in Sunday School and he, I am proud to say, was wanting to put them on his wall. But Egad-Bad-Dad noticed that the commandments were on both the front and back of the sheet, so I told him that if he put them on his wall he would not see half of them.
'Oh' he said. But then I immediately thought of these few verses and realized how cold counsel was checking a warm heart. These did need to go up on his wall, and if, when I check this evening they are not, he and I will have some good time talking together about them and putting them up in a good place. But perhaps where they really need to go is on my wall! RS.

No comments:

Post a Comment