Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7

Psalm 63 & 64

"God, you are my God"

How would you describe God? A few of the thoughts that come for me are omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowing), perfect, creator and ruler of the universe. There are many others but it is the line of "ruler of the universe" that makes me stop. If God is my God and is the ruler of all that is, that means God is my ruler. The consequence of God being my ruler is that I am to submit my life to God. I am to live my life the way God wants, not the way I want. That is great to say, it is a much more difficult to follow through. When you think about your life, do you say the words about God being your ruler and then do what you want? Or do you seek to submit your life on a daily basis to God's rule?

No comments:

Post a Comment