Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10 - Psalm 69 & 70

Psalm 69 & 70

Enemies seem to abound in the Psalms. A multitude of enemies might be the consequence of David living a life in conflict with the King (Saul) or in becoming the King himself. Or maybe enemies are part of being the most powerful person in a country. Having a mulititude of enemies sure seems to be a part of being the President of the United States. I have people who don't like me, but I don't have too many enemies. At least not enough to fill a multitude of Psalms. Do you?

I think there is a temptation for us to look at the lives of others and think how much easier they have life than we do. But everyone has problems. Problems we don't often see, like the enemies that come with having the power of a king/president. What the Psalms teach us about problems is taking them before God in prayer. The key is not trying to escape the struggle of life but laying them before God.

1 comment:

  1. My first thought when I read about having enemies outnumbering the hairs on his head, and without cause, made me think of our position in the world as Christians and Americans. Either of those two "classifications" are enough for people elsewhere, particularly the Middle East, to hate us and wish us dead. It is hard for me to fathom that level of hatred, and I wonder how God views those who hate and kill for their god.

    ReplyDelete