Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29

Psalm 99 & 100

Psalm 100 has been one of my favorite Psalms since I memorized it during Disciple Bible study. (If you have never done Disciple, I would encourage you to consider joining a Disciple Bible study class this fall) Psalm 100 is a Psalm of thanksgiving. Yesterday was a day of thanksgiving for our family. Our daughter gave birth to our first grandchild, Julius. Our prayers of thanksgiving were that both Kallye and Julius are strong and healthy. Later prayers of thanksgiving will probably center on Julius being the most perfect child ever born, but for now we are so grateful they are healthy.

This morning as I thought of being thankful for yesterday, I realized how much I have to be thankful for today. What do you have to be thankful for? Spend a few moments thinking of how your life is blessed. Maybe that prayer could begin by giving thanks that you live in a country and at a point in time where you can have a computer that you use to read a devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment