Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4

Psalm 59-60

I am not going to comment on the passages today, I am going to comment on July 4. Traveling outside of our country, really makes me appreciate where I live. We tend to see the shortcomings of our country, the things we don't like or how we don't like the direction the country is headed. It seems as if we Americans are constantly complaining about where we live. Then you travel outside of the United States and realize how blessed we are. The affluence of our lives, not compared to Bill Gates, but compared to 99% of the rest of the people who have ever lived. The freedom we have to live and worship as we like.

I hope that today you will spend some thing reflecting on the blessing we have to live in this time in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment