Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10

Exodus 3

"The angel appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of the bush"

Do we want God to tell us what to do? We say yes. We want guidance and direction from God. The irony is that so often in the bible when God gives a person direction, such as the angel does in this passage, the person doesn't want to do what God wants him/her to do.

I think what I want from God, is for God to tell me to do what I already have decided what I want to do. In essence, I want God to say "yes" to what I want. Unfortunately for me, God generally has different ideas than I do. Most of what God wants from me is taught rather plainly in scripture. Sometimes as plain as an angel speaking in a burning bush. The issue is not whether or not God will give me direction, the issue is will I be obedient to what God asks?

No comments:

Post a Comment