Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12/16 - Daniel 3

Daniel 3

What values are at the core of your life? What values are driving your life? We seldom encounter a situation that like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego do in this passage where our values are so clearly brought into focus. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego respond with a stance that their belief in God is more important than their lives. I have never encountered such a life and death decision, have you? However, I do believe that we encounter many situations where our values are much more subtly challenged. Those situations are also very difficult because it is so easy to justify why giving in for this moment really doesn't matter that much.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of this story as being so relevant! Haven't most of us bowed to the "worshipping" of gold and silver? What faith these men had! I wish that I could think that I might be that strong but I know better!

    ReplyDelete